With the launch of the Amazon Sales Channel by Shopify, it is now easier than ever to list your products on the largest marketplace in the world and showcase your brand to millions of shoppers. Amazon keyword ranking is a useful feature that helps sellers improve their products and brand. The Amazon sales channel is great for many reasons but we love these the most.
AMAZON PRODUCT LISTINGS = BRAND EXPOSURE
A study by Bloomberg shows shoppers begin their product research on Amazon more often than Google. As this trend continues, customers will certainly search for your product on Amazon, regardless of whether you are selling it. It is estimated that 9 out of 10 customers will check Amazon even if they want a product on another retailer’s website. Thus, growth in your Amazon Sales Channel will lead to growth in other sales channels. Also, you can ensure that shoppers view your products first by using an Amazon Keyword Tool & Amazon Keyword Tracker to incorporate the relevant keywords for your products.
THE AMAZON SALES CHANNEL IS THE BEST SECONDARY SALES CHANNEL
Most businesses don’t need to opt for an either-or strategy for their sales channels. The Amazon Sales Channel is a great secondary channel that users can utilize along with their Shopify site (or stand-alone e-commerce store). Sellers are usually concerned that Amazon will cannibalize their other channels but you can still retain a direct-to-consumer website along with Shopify’s Amazon App. If you operate it smoothly, your Amazon sales channel can complement your Shopify business very nicely.
INCREASED VISIBILITY FOR YOUR BRAND & YOUR WEBSITE
Your Amazon Sales Channel can help secure a new source of traffic to your website. Several successful brands started on Amazon and went on to have customers purchase similar or other items on their site. Savvy sellers are including branded collateral inside their Amazon orders to pique buyers’ interests. Careful selection of what inventory you sell on Amazon and clever product descriptions can influence buyers to shop your site directly for a wider range of products (without violating Amazon’s TOS).
One Size Fits All On Amazon
Amazon is an Open Marketplace. This means the Amazon marketplace allows individuals and organizations of all sizes to become sellers on Amazon. This enables even smaller businesses to have access to a huge number of shoppers. To get started, create your product listing and Amazon will help you reach a large customer base. However, if you don’t register your brand, third-party sellers can easily steal your listings and start selling their products.
Now that we’ve covered our favorite reasons for using the Amazon Sales Channel to generate increased brand recognition and revenue for your company as a whole; next we’ll dive into how to promote your Amazon Product Listings. Below are…
7 WAYS TO PROMOTE YOUR AMAZON PRODUCT LISTING
Discover some of our best-liked ways to promote your Amazon Product Listing. Remember, you can use your Amazon Sales Channel as the end of your funnel or as a step to drive traffic onto your site.
1. Run a Competitor Analysis
The first step in promoting your Amazon Product Listing is to recognize your competition. Using the Amazon keyword ranking, find out how your competitors are ranking in search and discover the best ways to outrank them, for the novice that generally requires much trial and error. You can keep a check on your competition with the help of an Amazon Keyword Tracker. In addition, browse competitor pages to get a precise idea of what customers want and do not want. Reviewing complementary products regularly can also make you aware of the best practices and any promotional opportunities. A few specific ways you can do this are mentioned below.
- Look at customer reviews and Q&A on competitor’s pages. This can lead you to make future improvements on products since customers are very clear about what kind of products they prefer. Based on customer complaints, you can also enhance your products to make them more appealing for customers such as unique packaging or fewer prices.
- Research about the strategies of competitors. For example, how often are they updating their product content and pictures? How frequently do they change pricing and does that impact Best Seller Rank? Such information can be obtained through the Amazon keyword ranking and can help you alter your strategies to outperform your competitors.
- Keep an eye on your competition and move quickly. If a competitor goes out of stock, it can be the perfect time to lower your pricing and increase ads which will automatically pull customers towards your brand. If you notice that competitor reviews are increasing at a higher rate than yours, try to evaluate the reason behind it. Also, explore unique and interesting ideas like product content from diversified categories, and apply them before your rivals.
2. Choose The Right Price
It is already quite difficult to find the right pricing but coupled with Amazon’s complications and an open marketplace where other sellers can compete with you, it becomes a tough task. However, you can avoid any larger problems from emerging if you have some key points in mind.
- A pricing parity clause exists in your selling agreement with Amazon which states that your product price and the total price cannot be less at any other online sales channel, as stated by the general pricing rule. This also includes the Shopify site. By following this regulation, you can prevent a potential account suspension. It is also vital to make sure that your Amazon is priced as low as your other channels.
- As Amazon is an open marketplace, you will be competing with multiple third parties to win the buy box. There are many re-pricing tools that you can access on the market. The release of the ‘Automate Pricing’ tool on Seller Centre on Amazon can now assist you in automating pricing decisions.
- Lastly, use Amazon keyword ranking to have an idea of what competitors are pricing their products.
3. Optimize Your Amazon Product Listings
Online shoppers decide instantly if they want to look at a page in-depth or go back to search results. As a result, it is necessary to make the process simpler to ensure that customers go back and consider buying your product.
- Titles describe the item to the customer and give them an idea of whether it is compatible with their needs. It should make the main benefit and use of the product clear while being brief.
- Include all the key points in short and precise bullets to answer any queries. Mention vital facts about the product such as warranty and customer service.
- A great way to engage the attention of customers is to add pictures of your products. Add a main photo which should clearly show what the product is. Additional photos can provide extra angles of the product.
- Lastly, customers will need to know the uses and benefits of the product so be sure to mention key selling points which will help customers recognize the importance of buying the product.
4. Encourage Product Reviews
Reviews on Amazon are extremely important as they not only impact customer choices but also affect other channels including your Shopify site as customers initiate their research on Amazon. A recent change to Amazon’s review policy has banned reviews for products on discount for Professional Sellers which has effectively balanced the field for all sellers. To get reviews now, send an email follow-up to customers regarding a specific order. Emails can be sent on the confirmation of receiving an order and on the follow-up of an order requesting feedback.
Furthermore, keep an eye on the competition using the Amazon keyword ranking. Many customers frequently spend time reviewing customer questions so you can scroll through competitor’s pages to improve your products.
5. Use Amazon PPC Ads, especially Sponsored Product Ads
Sellers can market their products to customers on Amazon using their robust ad platform. Sponsored product ads on Amazon are a pay per click model by which you can promote your products on search results. The 3 steps to run sponsored ads are:
- Firstly, automatic targeting enables Amazon to provide a whole list of potential keywords using its search algorithm.
- Next, examine automatic campaign targeting to find out which keyword performed the best. By transitioning them to a manual campaign, you can focus on only the relevant keywords.
- Lastly, continue to reiterate your manual campaign for keywords and bids. Test out different bids and keywords to find out what works best.
6. Utilize Promotions Correctly
An excellent way to ensure your products are visible and are gaining reviews is through promotions. Coupons, price discounts, etc are all great opportunities you can offer to customers to emphasize a temporary discount on your products. Reviews for sellers promote new products and generate sales. Another way to improve sales is by using the Amazon keyword ranking to find out how competitors are promoting their products. You can also check competitor’s pages to see whether their products are getting promoted at a faster rate than yours via the Amazon Keyword Ranking.
7. Drive External Traffic
You should decide which channels make sense and direct them to Amazon rather than directing all external traffic blogs to your site.
Amazon can be a very complex and competitive marketplace but by optimizing and promoting your listings, you will be at an advantage. Focus on what the customer would want using the Amazon keyword ranking and outrank your competitors. Use high-quality reviews, ads and competitive pricing to attract customers. If you need help, partner with our Amazon Marketing Experts to achieve total listing domination!